Updated: March 4, 2019
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this policy explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process;
- How we use that information;
- Who we may share that information with; and
- How to access and update that information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
(a) Your Personal Information. At the Sites, you may be able to register a profile and share information with us in connection with the application and recruitment process. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected include:\
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, veteran status, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, disability status, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to First Tee and/or any previous employment history with First Tee;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
Registering a profile and/or applying for a position is completely voluntary. Therefore, you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. If you choose to apply, you hereby give consent for the collection of personal data as described herein. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
When you visit any of the Sites, we, and our service providers may collect various types of information about your device and your internet activity. A representative list of this type of information that we may collect include:
- IP address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T)
- Web pages/Sites you have visited
- Type of mobile device used to view the Site & device identifier location information
- Site content you have accessed
We store this data in log files that do not identify individual users. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
(b) Others’ Personal Information. During the application and recruitment process, you may also be able to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s contact information as a reference or former employer. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people include: referrer’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personally identifiable information to First Tee.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION.
(a) Use of Your Information. Your information will be used by First Tee for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at the First Tee such as promotions and transfer decisions;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required and providing verification of employment;
- Making improvements to First Tee’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of First Tee, our applicants, employees, membership, volunteers, customers, fans or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with First Tee, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
(b) Use of Information about Others. We may use the information that you provide about others to contact them as references and learn more information about you, and for such other purposes as may be stated at the point where the information is collected. Any such individual may contact us if they no longer want us to use his or her information.
(c) Automated Decision-Making. Recruitment processes at First Tee are not based solely on automated decision-making.
(d) Basis for Processing. We collect and process your information where it is necessary in order to take steps, at your request, prior to our potentially entering into a contract of employment with you. We may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. If we use your information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE.
(b) Interested Affiliates and Connected Employees. Your information may be shared with PGA TOUR First Tee Foundation, Inc. affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at the First Tee by a current First Tee employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the First Tee employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current First Tee employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
(c) Business Transfer. We may transfer personally identifiable information about you if we, or one of our business units, are acquired by, sold to, merged with or otherwise transferred to another entity
(d) Certain Third Parties. We will also share your personally identifiable information with certain third parties if we have your consent (e.g., you gave us permission to contact your references) or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of First Tee, our applicants, employees, membership, volunteers, customers, fans or the public as required or permitted by law.
COOKIES & DATA ANALYTICS.
(a) Cookies and Their Function. To enhance the application experience, we use “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information; however, once you choose to furnish a site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process. In addition, we exercise special precautions in dealing with applicant personal data defined as sensitive by law. For example, when satisfactory completion of a medical examination is a condition for being hired, no medical information, apart from overall suitability or unsuitability for employment, is provided to hiring managers or stored in a new employee’s personnel file. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETENTION & DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
If you apply for a job at First Tee and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), First Tee will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at First Tee and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact email@example.com.Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION.
Access to personally identifiable information that is collected on the Sites and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Site, you can access that account to review the information you provided.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to, deletion of, correction of or transfer of your personally identifiable information. For verification purposes please include your first name, last name, and e-mail address you use for such service. We will endeavor to respond to your request to access within 30 days.
The First Tee – 425 South Legacy Trail, St. Augustine, FL 32092 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US.
UPDATES & EFFECTIVE DATE.