Bring The First Tee National School Program to Your School!
Tee it Up In Physical Education Classes
In more than 9,000 elementary schools across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program. We bring our curriculum to your school’s gym during physical education class. The First Tee National School Program helps elementary students learn about the basic skills of golf through safe and fun activities. By also incorporating The First Tee Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting students on course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Why Do Schools and PE Teachers like the Program?
- Teacher and student friendly: Age appropriate lessons and equipment allow physical educators to establish a learning environment in which children have fun and succeed while also being challenged
- Quality physical education: It aligns with national physical education standards developed by the Society of Health And Physical Educators –the leading oversight organization for PE in the US.
- Flexibility: The program is designed to be flexible and allows physical educators to adjust lessons to fit their specific teaching situations in terms of class size, class time, and facility type – indoor or outside, big or small space, etc.
- Bridge to Life: Physical educators use the “Bridge to Life” to prompt student to think about how they can show values such as courtesy, respect, and judgment, not only in PE class but also back in their classroom and at home. Using key questions, physical educators bridge learning in their class to other areas of the child’s life.
We make it easy: Components of the Program
The First Tee National School Program gives physical educators all the tools to get started. We provide the training, equipment and lesson plans that integrate golf skills, motor skills, core values and healthy habits.
Ready to upgrade your students PE experience? It’s easy to get started.
- Contact our Outreach team by completing this form.
- We’ll work with you to identify funding opportunities (this can be the school, a donor, or corporation).
- Once funding is identified, we’ll train the PE teacher.
- After the teacher is trained, the curriculum and equipment is delivered to the school.
- Students start enjoying golf in school!