Integrity, one of The First Tee Nine Core Values, requires players to adhere to a set of standards upon which their behavior will be judged—a sense of personal honesty. Players who live with integrity know the rules of golf and embrace the etiquette of the game. They hold relationships in high regard and maintain their composure even when they think no one is looking.
integrity ON THE GOLF COURSE
On the golf course, junior golfers can practice integrity by:
1. Calling penalties on themselves
2. Keeping accurate score
3. Doing what is right, even when it is an unpopular or personally costly decision
4. Playing according to the Rules and Etiquette of the Game of Golf
integrity AT HOME OR IN SCHOOL
It is also important for kids and teens to practice this core value at home, at school or out in the community.
here are 3 WAYS junior golfers can APPLY Integrity OFF THE COURSE:
1. Being kind and respectful to your siblings, even when your parents aren’t around.
2. Making a decision to complete your homework on your own rather than copying one of your friend’s homework.
3. When you think no one is looking, throwing your trash in the trash can rather than throwing it on the street.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE FIRST TEE?
With more than 1,200 locations, The First Tee offers programs to youth from all backgrounds—no golf experience needed! If you know a young person who would enjoy The First Tee, visit our locations map to find a local chapter!