So many things in life rely on good judgment. We often find ourselves in situations where there are no right or wrong answers. Our final decision—both on and off the golf course—comes down to a matter of judgment, one of The First Tee Nine Core Values.
JUDGMENT ON THE GOLF COURSE
On the golf course, good judgment comes into consideration when a player is:
1. Deciding on strategy
2. Making a club selection
3. Figuring out when to play safe and when to take a chance
4. Considering the type of shot to execute next
5. Making healthy choices on and off the golf course
judgment AT HOME OR IN SCHOOL
It is also important for kids and teens to practice this core value at home, at school or out in the community.
here are 3 WAYS junior golfers can APPLY JUDGMENT OFF THE COURSE:
1. Making healthy choices about what you eat and drink—for example drinking water vs. a soft drink
2. Making a decision to complete your homework that is due tomorrow before you watch your favorite television show or play your favorite video game
3. Choosing to hang out with friends who are positive and live by the Nine Core Values (like you) vs. making friends with people who don’t
WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE FIRST TEE?
With more than 1,200 locations, The First Tee offers programs to youth from all backgrounds—no golf experience needed! If you know a young person who would enjoy The First Tee, visit our locations map to find a local chapter!