If you ask Taryn Yee what she learned as a participant at The First Tee of Greater Sacramento, she’d probably give you two topics: GOAL-SETTING and GIVING BACK.
Goal-setting was one of the first lessons Taryn learned after joining The First Tee of Greater Sacramento. And she set a a number of ambitious ones:
- Attend both of The First Tee academies
- Play in the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach
- Become an Ace-level participant and a Scholar of The First Tee
Taryn reached all of these goals and gained much more.
“The First Tee has provided me with opportunities to realize my goals, and ultimately, helped me develop my business career with PricewaterhouseCoopers.” she said. “As a Scholar of The First Tee, I was invited to attend the 2011 PwC Executive Forum at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra, Florida. It was here that I was first introduced to the business world and was inspired to pursue a career in accounting.”
PwC later offered Taryn a summer college internship, which extended into a full-time position after she graduated.
During THE PLAYERS Championship, PwC gives back to The First Tee in many ways, such as:
- Inviting select Scholars, like Taryn, to its Executive Business Forum
- Donating air time for The First Tee television commercials
- Hosting hundreds of participants from The First Tee of North Florida‘s youth programs to take part in golf-themed learning activities
“It says a lot about PwC that they give back,” Taryn said. “It tells me that they’re really committed to helping youth.”