With the thrill of playing in the 2015 Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach still top of mind for the 81 selected participants, we decided to ask some for their top 7 moments from the event.
Top 7 Moments from the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach
- Meeting my pro!
~All of the participants
- Going to the airport and being anxious and excited about getting on the plane for the first time; and my first tee shot on Poppy Hills Golf Course on Friday morning, feeling the nerves of tournament golf.
~Jared Robinson, The First Tee of the Sandhills
- Hearing the waves crash against the shoreline of Pebble Beach while hitting my shots on hole #7.
~ Ardin Lo, The First Tee of Tri-Valley
- Being inspired by amazing speakers such as Mike LaBrie, Leon Panetta, Jim Barnett, Joe Pavelski, Kathryn Newton, Ben Crenshaw and Rob Light at the Legends & Leaders dinner.
~Elizabeth Nguyen and Jared Robinson, The First Tee of the Sandhills
- Meeting Tom Watson, one of my inspirations and mentors in life.
~Gypsie Hutchinson, The First Tee of Lexington
- Meeting Alan Shipnuck from Sports Illustrated and being featured in the article he wrote about the tournament.
~Derrick Ow, The First Tee of Monterey County
- Sitting on the 18th green with the other participants, watching the final groups come in. We sat under the scoreboard and watched legends and our peers go by. I really felt united with all the participants and I know we were all bonded by the incredible week that we had. The sun started to set over the water as the players finished just as our unforgettable week was coming to a close.
~Elizabeth Nguyen, The First Tee of the Sandhills
“One of the most memorable experiences of the trip was on Saturday during the second round of the tournament. My pro, Gary Hallberg, and I started on the back nine, so 18 was our ninth hole. As we approached the green, Gary pulled me aside, put his hand over my shoulder and said, “Look at this view.” We stood there looking out at God’s creation, I had gotten so focused with my golf I needed a second to remember where I was. I was overwhelmed with emotion because I knew that no matter how I played or if I made the cut; this view would still be here.” ~ Gypsie Hutchinson, The First Tee of Lexington
“During my round at Pebble Beach, on the 18th hole I hit the tree in the middle of the fairway on my drive, and it knocked a branch off as it went through the tree. While we were walking past, my Champions Tour partner, Rocco Mediate, picked up the branch that I hit off the tree and put it in my bag. He told me to take a little bit of Pebble back with me, and now I have, I think, the most real souvenir I could ask for from the most amazing golf course.” ~ Elizabeth Nguyen, The First Tee of the Sandhills