By Chelsea Coleman
Are you looking for a program that will empower girls to succeed?
Look no further than The First Tee! And it’s OK if she’s never played golf!
The First Tee’s Top 5 Reasons Girls Should Play Sports—Like Golf!
1. Builds confidence: Girls who play sports have greater levels of self-esteem, self-image and are less likely to use illicit drugs.
2. Golf scholarships: Did you know that hundreds of female college golf scholarships are unused each year?
3. Friendships: Golf is a fantastic way for girls to build lasting relationships with others while experiencing competition in a fun, supportive environment.
4. Develop a strong work ethic: 82% of women in executive-level jobs who played organized sports in middle, high or post-secondary school reported that sports, like golf, helped them with leadership skills, teamwork, discipline and perseverance.
5. Perseverance: And, of course by being involved with sports, girls learn how to keep playing when nothing seems to go right.
The First Tee programs can provide girls the platform they need to become high-achievers in their personal goals, boost their self-esteem and experience competition in a fun, supportive environment.
Many chapters offer programs geared exclusively for female junior golfers to help provide them with the confidence and skills to become tomorrow’s leaders and athletes for life.